Friday, August 24, 2018

Tila Squared Bracelet - Copper & Teal


TILA SQUARED BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (461)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (461)
  • Tila beads "Metallic Dark Raspberry Iris" (TL-457B)
  • 4mm fire polished beads "Copper Teal"

Although this pattern is the cousin of Deb Roberti's "Coin Bands", I haven't decided yet if I like it. Tila beads are very angular and I tend to prefer curvy shapes. What appeals to me about this bracelet is the grungy tarnished copper combined with a hint of sparkle from the teal fire polished beads.


You can buy this pattern HERE at Around the Beading Table. You'll find a nice assortment of Tila beads HERE at Red Panda and HERE at Aura Crystals. I think that these fire polished beads have been discontinued because I can't find them online anymore.



 

3 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful colour combination but I too prefer this pattern made with Tile beads. In fact, I have made this bracelet in two colours. You can read about it here:https://acbeads.blogspot.com/2015/06/coin-band-bracelet-and-amazing-czech.html
    The second version is still lingering without a clear destination.

    I could only find the 4mm fire polished beads named Copper Teal in a UK bead shop: http://www.alchemyandice.com
    I haven't purchased from this supplier yet but the low international shipping rates are very attractive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ana. I have made many, many of the Coin Bands with CzechMates tiles. It's a very comfortable bracelet to wear. I see that you make yours the same size as mine with seven motifs. Your bracelet is very pretty. I checked that UK bead site and the copper teal beads are out of stock. Hopefully that's because you bought them.

      Delete
    2. I just browsed three big bead supplier sites and none of them have Copper Teal so I think it has been discontinued. It's my impression that they're making more opaque and metallic fire polished beads now and not as many in the transparent/sparkly category anymore.

      Delete