Monday, November 9, 2015

Princess Earrings - Montana Blue


I've blogged about Robin Smith's "Princess Earrings" a couple of times, HERE and HERE. I learned how to make them by taking Robin's class at Beadoholique, which is a local bead shop. For this pair of earrings, I went down a size on all of the beads that Robin's pattern calls for to make more dainty earrings. I also left off the dangle at the bottom. I showed you a sample of these blue earrings before in both of those previous posts but I've finally made this complete pair.

The only place where I've seen the "Frosted Montana Blue" druks is at Robin's Beads in the UK, HERE. I've seen regular transparent Montana blue druks but they wouldn't look the same as these. Also, these druks aren't round. They're slightly oval. I've also noticed that the most recent batch of 3mm bronze druks that I have are also oval rather than round. Although I still have some of the old round ones in my stash, I used the oval ones in this pair of earrings because the blue druks are oval. I have no idea why they make a few druk colors oval instead of round but I kind of like the look of them.

There is no pattern for sale to make these earrings but a Russian woman has posted a diagram and a YouTube video showing how to make them. Bear in mind that her method is a little different than the way that I make them. You'll find links to her tutorial and video in my second post mentioned above.


  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 3mm druks "Frosted Montana Blue"
  • 3mm druks "Bronze"
 

3 comments:

  1. I love montana blue. Your work is next to perfect. The earrings are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marge. I like Montana blue because it goes well with jeans.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! I really like the frosted Montana Blue. Definitely gives it a different look than regular beads.

    ReplyDelete