Monday, March 2, 2015

Bracelet of the Day: Lace Flowers Variation - Turquoise & Bronze



  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (11-257D)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (8-257D)
  • 6mm rondelles "Turquoise AB" (Chinavoski) *

This bracelet was a Christmas present and made with my adaptation of Ellad2's "Lace Flowers Bracelet" pattern which you can buy HERE. I originally blogged about my tweaks HERE.



I've got one more article ready to post tomorrow but then I will probably have to take a little break from posting. I've posted all of my Christmas beadwork now and I need to take photos of a bunch of new stuff. We've been having a very unusual winter here in Houston this year. Normally it's sunny here at least 80% of the time and I have no trouble getting photos right away as I make things. This year, we've only had sunshine, or even partly cloudy days, a few times the whole winter. So, my beading projects are piling up and I have to quickly take as many photos as I can whenever the sun does appear briefly. The bad news is that the soonest we might see the sun again is next Sunday. In the meantime, I might come up with some other kinds of things to blog about but I might not post every day like I've been doing.

 * It's been brought to my attention that these beads aren't really turquoise. I agree, but for some reason that's what I put on the tag on my bag of beads. I honestly can't think of what to call that color because it really is more green than blue but maybe not quite as green as it looks in the photos. I looked through the Pantone color chart and it's similar to the two swatches below. It's not quite as light as the one on the left and not quite as dark as the one on the right. I'd say that it's somewhere between the two.

So, what would you call this color?
 

7 comments:

  1. Will miss your daily posts. I check your blog every morning to see what you have made and the links you share for tutorials for projects both free and for sale. Happy beading Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will miss your posts too and look forward to your new stuff. Seems like it's been a long winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to add that I like this bracelet. On my screen, it looks more green than turquoise. Would it be difficult for an intermediate to adapt the pattern like you did to a single strand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about the color and I was thinking the same thing this morning when I posted it. Those beads don't come with a name or color number on them so I just give them my own so that I'll remember what I've used. I'm not quite sure what to call this color. Green is too vague and they're not quite a "sage green". Anyway, I'll update the color once I think of something to call it.

      The pattern actually has you make each row separately and then you connect them later so I think you should do fine. I did tweak the little connector motifs because I wanted them to look neater. Read my other post where I explain my tweaks.

      Delete
  4. It does look blue green in the Pantone swatch. I can see it more now in the beads. Thank you for the info about the pattern. I like this bracelet - all of your color combos are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty bracelet Linda. I have a question about rondelles that I have wondered about since I started beading. When you say 6mm rondelle, is that the length or the width? I am only ever sure if the pattern says 4 X 6 rondelles or something to that effect. Thanks in advance, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that when only one number is given, it refers to the diameter, not the thickness. Where I buy mine, they only give them one number so that's what I post here. I just measured one of the 6mm rondelles that I used in this bracelet and it measures 5 x 6mm.

      Delete