Friday, November 7, 2014

Bracelet of the Day: Lace Flowers Variation


LACE FLOWERS BRACELET VARIATION
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (11-457L)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (8-457L)
  • 6mm rondelles "Lilac Matte AB - #C69" (Beads One - not available online)

This is the same pattern by Ellad2 that I blogged about on July 12 but I only made a single row bracelet this time. The pattern calls for fire polished beads but I wondered if it might work with other 4mm beads as well. So far I've tried some 4mm round crystals, which work very nicely, and I'm sure that 4mm druks or pearls would also work. That day I just happened to have some 6mm rondelles sitting in front of me so, just for the heck of it, I gave those a try too and they worked. The rondelles do stick out a bit but I kind of like the look. I know that I'm supposed to be working on my Christmas beading but this was a quick bracelet to make and so were the Easy Earrings that I made to go with it. 


The color of the crystals in these photos isn't quite right. The color is called "Lilac" but I would call it "Periwinkle" and I couldn't seem to give them the right hint of purple in my photo editor so they look a little too blue here. The color looks more like in this photo from my previous post:


Read my July 12th post about some of the tweaks I made to Ella's pattern, which you can buy HERE.

Here are some of my other experiments. They're all 4mm round crystals except for the larger greenish/turquoise rondelles, which are 6mm. I just bought those rondelles yesterday at Beadoholique. I also got the sage green 4mm round crystals there. I don't have any color info on the crystals that I used but I used Miyuki "Light Bronze (457L)" seed beads for one sample and Miyuki "Dark Bronze (457D)" for the other one.




The matching earrings are Nunzia's "Easy Earrings", which I blogged about HERE and HERE.


EASY EARRINGS
  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (8-457L)
  • 4mm rondelles "Lilac Matte AB - #C69" (Beads One - not available online)



4 comments:

  1. Hi Linda I have made over a dozen pairs of Noah earrings they are so easy and really pretty. I decided I wanted something bigger and spent the afternoon trying different patterns and ripping them out. I then tried the Noah pattern with 5 rondelles in the center instead of four it creates a star pattern slightly larger and just what I was looking for . Thanks again for all the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds very interesting, Ann. I'll give your idea a try sometime and see how it looks.

      Delete
  2. Linda I love your work! I am just learning to do bead weaving. Also learning about the different kinds of beads. I find a lot of useful information on line, from where to buy to storage, and many new challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beverly. Beading is so much fun, isn't it?

      Delete