The only things that I changed were the pearls and the kind of thread that I used in this one. I switched from ivory pearls to bronze ones and I used Nymo B instead of Nymo D. Even though I bought both both kinds of pearls at Beads One, I think the bronze ones are slightly smaller. The seed beads didn't fit as snug around the bronze ones and they fit just right around the ivory pearls in my other sample.
I don't use FireLine for making samples, because it's expensive, so I used Nymo B thread instead because it's also very thin. However, I think it's a little too thin for this pattern. I kept weaving around and around the whole thing and it didn't seem to want to tighten up or give the earring much body. I usually like to use thicker thread for some earring patterns for that reason. My first sample had more stiffness but I also had a bit of trouble getting back through some of the beads. I guess I just can't win.
Check my previous post for information about the pattern and YouTube video.
SUPPLIES THAT I USED IN MY SAMPLE:
- 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (15-457D)
- 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (11-457D)
- 11/0 seed beads Miyuki Duracoat "Pewter" (11-D4222)
- 10mm round crystal "#C12 AB" (Beads One)
- 3mm pearls "Antique Brass - #13" (Beads One)
- 3mm bicones "Purple AB" (from China)
- 5x7mm fire polished drop bead (no info available)