Friday, May 30, 2014

A Couple of Bracelet & Earring Sets

I recently made two SuperDuo Rosette bracelets using some of those pretty "suede" SuperDuos. Today I'm wearing the darker one and didn't have any earrings that would go well with it. So, I whipped up a pair of my SuperDuo Flower Chain Earrings using the same color beads. While I was at it, I also made the same earring pattern in the color I used for the other bracelet. The earrings aren't anything fancy but they suite my style perfectly. Because those two bracelets are almost negative images of each other, I probably could switch around the bracelets and earrings. The only drawback to that idea is that I used different "metal" seed beads in each one. I suppose that wouldn't really be noticeable though with my hair partially covering my earrings. I blogged about the two bracelets HERE and HERE. I'm sure that they're available elsewhere but I've only seen the suede SuperDuos in Aria's Etsy shop and on the Red Panda site.

Here are the two pairs of earrings that I just made and the beads I used to make them:



  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Brown Bronze Matte" (11-457P)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Brown Bronze Matte" (8-457P)
  • SuperDuo beads "Metallic Suede Olive"


  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (11-457D)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (8-457D)
  • SuperDuo beads "Metallic Suede Gold"

You can buy the SuperDuo Rosette Bracelet pattern HERE and you can download my free earring pattern HERE. This is a tweak of my pattern. I simply left off the little motif at the top and added an 8/0 seed bead for the jump ring.

Here's a picture of both sets as well as a couple other earring samples that would go well with the bracelets too:

I also tried a couple of experiments this afternoon with the pretty montees that Dolly Smith sent me the other day. First I watched Kelly Dale's YouTube video for her "Bowtie Bracelet". Here's the sample that I made from that tutorial:
It's alright but it's not really my style and I'm not wild about all those 6mm bicones. I'm still experimenting and I'm probably going to do something similar but with 4mm bicones instead.

 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Linda,,,Beautiful work as usual :) I saw a pattern on ETSY by "Artful bead studio" called " Wrist full of posies" or something like that. It was with superduos and montees . I liked it a lot but could not spend the money on the supplies. Montees are so interesting but the price point hurts and I am on a budget especially with my bead addiction LOL...You may have enough goodies with your stash. Thought I would give you the heads up. Thank you for all fantastic posts.... Linda from Georgia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on a tight budget too. I've got Dolly Smith and Deb Roberti to thank for my stash of extra special beads such as the montees and rivolis I've been posting about. Thank goodness for inexpensive Chinese crystals or I'd never be able to use those kinds of beads.

      Delete
  2. oh my gosh those earrings are gorgeous! I love the suede gold superduos- looking for them later when I am done with this dopey bracelet. I am also on a budget- but I sent you the montees as a thank you for all your work on this blog. I can't tell you how inspired it makes me. The montees were not too expensive considering you and I combined will get three bracelets out of them. Plus I plan to be selling my stuff at pre Christmas craft shows and possibly recoup enough to buy beads for next year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate your lovely gift, Dolly. Thank you.

      Delete