Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Bracelet of the Day: Renaissance Bracelet

RENAISSANCE BRACELET
  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (15-457D)
  • 6mm round red howlite stone beads (Beads One - not available online)
  • 4mm fire polished beads "Lumi Coated Taupe" (BCP-10310)
This is actually the "Hugs & Kisses" pattern with a slight difference. The 15/0 seed bead netting only goes diagonally across the bracelet in one direction instead of forming "X's". I think that gives it a more contemporary look. I found this free version of the pattern HERE. It's a quick pattern to make and you can use either 6mm druks or 6mm fire polished beads for the centers. You'll want to use good quality 15/0 seed beads for the netting for a neat appearance. The result has the look of very fine chain. When I first showed this bracelet to my husband he was amazed that they were actually beads and that there could actually be beads that tiny.

That reminds me of a tip that I got from my beading "mentor", Teejay, back when I first started beading. I try to incorporate some kind of "metal" beads in nearly all of my beadwork. I think that helps make my beadwork look more like "real" metal jewelry. 


Whenever I wear this bracelet, I like to wear the earrings below with it. The little red dangle beads almost match the red howlite beads perfectly. I found them at Walmart and I don't think I spent more than $2-3 on them.


 

2 comments:

  1. Just saw this and have to say it is one sweet bracelet. I really like it.
    ~crystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Crystal. It's a nice one to wear. It almost feels like a bangle bracelet because of the thickness and weight of the stone beads.

      Delete