Sunday, January 23, 2022

Editing Beadwork Photos

The bracelet that I blogged about HERE yesterday was particularly challenging to get the bead colors to look correct. I thought you might be interested in seeing how a photo looks when it comes out of my camera vs how it looks after I do the color correction and other editing. When you see how bad the "before" photo looks below, bear in mind that it was the best of the six shots that I took of that pose. I generally take four to six shots of each of the poses and have to choose the ones that I think look the best.

Below is the original photo as it looked straight from my camera. Note that I already cropped and resized the photo.


And, here is how it looks after I used all sorts of filters and tools in Paint Shop Pro to make it look as close to realistic as possible:


By the way, I made another "Rattan Band" yesterday in a very pretty colorway. I will blog about it as soon as I am able to take photos of it. 

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Linda!
    It is so good to know that you are still beading and blogging!
    I always come to your blog to check seed bead colours and beautiful patterns.
    This bracelet is stunning in its simplicity.
    I have made two earring patterns from your blog.
    Thank you so much for your work!
    Ana Cravidao
    https://acbeads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ana. It's nice to see you again. I remember that you used to post in my Pinterest group years ago.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Linda. I've learned so much from your blog. Thank you for sharing. Since you brought up photographing your jewelry, I'd like to know more about your set up. Do you use a special camera set up, light box, etc?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda. I don't have any kind of fancy set-up. I use a point-and-shoot digital camera and take my photos in natural light on the dining room table where the light is pretty good some of the time. My house is much too small to have a dedicated photography "studio" or anything like that.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the response. I need to find some nice backgrounds/props. I love how you show your earrings on the pretty lady.

      Delete
    3. I tried to print her as close to actual size as I could.

      Delete