Monday, September 7, 2020

SuperDuo Tile Earrings - Five Samples


I made these sample earrings back when I made the four pairs that I blogged about before. I thought I might make some of these into complete pairs but changed my mind. Before taking these samples apart, I took photos of them to give you some colorway ideas for this pattern.


You can buy Deb Roberti's "SuperDuo Tile Bracelet & Earrings" pattern HERE at Around the Beading Table. Note that Deb's pattern does not call for any 8/0 seed beads. I changed the top of my earrings to accommodate jump rings to attach the earring wires. I also used groups of three accent color seed beads on the outer edge of some of the samples instead of four because they fit the space better.


  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (461)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (461)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Opaque Blue Luster" (65431P)
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Green Luster"
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Brown Dark Travertin"

The sample earring on the right in the photo above and the one below was made according to the pattern. For the sample on the left, I reversed the accent beads and the metallic seed beads in the outer rows and that somehow gave the earring a rounder shape.



  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Hybrid Opaque Luster Green" (Y182)
  • SuperDuo beads "Chocolate White Luster"
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Ultra Green Luster"

I made this sample using the same colors that I used to make the pair that I blogged about HERE but I reversed the colors. Below you can see the complete pair from that post. I liked the colors better in that arrangement.



  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Nickel Plated" (190)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Nickel Plated" (190)
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Hybrid Blue Metallic Suede" (Y613)
  • SuperDuo beads "Metallic Sued Blue"
  • SuperDuo beads "Satin Metallic Lavender"

I like this colorway very much but I don't have anything to wear in these colors.



  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Pewter" (4222)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Pewter" (4222)
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Hybrid Vintage Rose Metallic Suede" (Y617)
  • SuperDuo beads "Metallic Suede Gold"
  • SuperDuo beads "Metallic Suede Pink"

Save

6 comments:

  1. I like your 8/0 strategy for attaching jump rings and have used it before (bought matching Toho and Miyuki beads in sizes 6, 8, 11, and 15 in various metallics and neutrals so I could do that). Another thing I do sometimes is use one of those wire guardian things, just put the beading thread around it a few times.

    I have totally had jump rings fail on me when the thread went through the tiny opening even though the jump rings were closed well. I am determined not to let that happen again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sneaky Burrito. I've been very lucky regarding jump rings. I don't recall ever having one fail. On the other hand, I have had the magnets in my clasps fail quite a few times but I put that down to buying cheap magnetic clasps from China.

      Delete
  2. The blue and purple colorway is gorgeous. I've always wondered, are all these creations we see on your site made for yourself to wear, or do you also sell your creations anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen. I make some items for myself and some to give as gifts. A lot of my beadwork is just for the fun of trying out new patterns and color combinations. The great thing about beads is that you can use them over and over to try new things.

      Delete
  3. Hi! I usually use just a small drop of glue on open jump rings that I use in this manner. Sneaky Burrito is right, sometimes an open jump ring will slip away from thread, the drop of glue fixes this.

    ReplyDelete