Monday, October 7, 2019

Bisaneta/Bardot Bracelet with O-Beads - Chalk Copper Picasso


  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • DiamonDuo beads "Jet Silver Picasso"
  • SuperDuo beads "Chalk Copper Picasso"
  • O-Beads "Gold Matte"

You might recognize this colorway because I previously blogged HERE about an "Ivy Bracelet" made with exactly the same beads as today's bracelet. I got the idea to try adding O-Beads to the "Bisaneta Bracelet" and I think they add a pretty detail to the design. While they work just fine, they do make the bracelet a little stiff, almost like a bangle. Instead of adding 11/0 seed beads between the motifs, I had to use 8/0 beads to fill the larger gap created by the O-Beads. The SuperDuo color that I used is no longer available but Chalk Lazure Blue would be a good substitute.


There is no pattern that I know of for the "Bisaneta" bracelet but there is a YouTube video tutorial HERE for a very similar bracelet called "Bardot". The main difference is the placement of the netting along the outer edge. I make mine using a different method than the one in the video. I start by making the first clasp loop and I also add my netting as I create each motif. In the video she creates the base of DiamonDuos and SuperDuos first then goes back up and down the length of the bracelet adding the netting beads and clasp loops. The end result looks about the same and you can easily add the netting beads where Bisaneta does instead of where she puts them in the video. For more information about where the "Bisaneta Bracelet" came from, read THIS post.



 

4 comments: