Friday, August 23, 2019

SuperDuo Lace Bands - Sea Blue & Teal


SUPERDUO LACE BANDS
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Nickel Plated" (190)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Nickel Plated" (190)
  • DiscDuo beads "Metallic Sea Blue"
  • SuperDuo beads "Satin Metallic Teal"

The "SuperDuo Lace Bands" pattern is by Deborah Roberti and you can buy it HERE at Around the Beading Table or HERE in Deb's Etsy shop. 


It took nine motifs to fit my 6-inch wrist. Also note that I added my clasp very simply with two 11/0 and one 8/0 seed bead on each end. If I had added a full clasp loop as directed by the pattern, the bracelet would be too long for me. Changing up the size of the clasp loops can be useful for adjusting the length if you can't add or remove a whole motif to get the right fit.

I plan to make a few of these in various colorways. I have made quite a few color samples and just need to narrow it down to my favorites. For the 2-hole beads in my samples, I have used DiscDuos, Silky beads, Honeycomb beads and 2-hole cabochons. You'll have to wait and see which beads I end up using. I will also post any extra samples that I don't end up using along with their bead lists.



 

6 comments:

  1. That is so gorgeous, Linda! And you have DiscDuos! Aren't they fun? I love them and should use them more. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb. I think that DiscDuos might be my favorite 2-hole beads with this pattern. Too bad that I only have them in a few colors.

      Delete
  2. Where do you get your Diskduo's? I have only seen them in one place and they only have had one color. What a disappointment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got my DiscDuos from Queen City Bead on Etsy. She doesn't have a lot of colors though. They are made for Potomac Beads so they have the best selection.

      Delete
  3. Amazing stuff Linda! How do i learn to make bracelets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You could look into taking a class at a local bead shop or watch some YouTube tutorials.

      Delete