Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Bracelet of the Day: Royal Wedding Bracelet - Amethyst Luster


ROYAL WEDDING BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Nickel Plated" (711)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Nickel Plated" (711)
  • Rulla beads "Opaque Amethyst Luster"
  • 4mm fire polished beads "Opaque Amethyst Luster"

I tried two different things with this bracelet. Someone had suggested that I try making a version that has the connectors between the motifs but no picots on the fire polished motifs. I did that with today's bracelet and I also used Toho seed beads for the first time with this pattern. As you can see, they do work but I had to use five seed beads on each side of the Rulla motifs instead of six. I really like how the bracelet looks without the picots. It's still very pretty but not quite as elaborate as the ones with picots.

I had some trouble getting the colors to look right in today's photos as well as the ones I'll be posting tomorrow. Hopefully the photos will give you some idea of the color of these beads even if they're not consistent from picture to picture.


Before making today's bracelet, I made the small sample below to see if the pattern would work with Toho beads. I've decided not to make a bracelet in this colorway but I thought you might like to see it anyway.


  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)
  • Rulla beads "Turquoise Blue Picasso"
  • 4mm fire polished beads "Antique Beige Luster Iris"

You'll find this free bracelet tutorial by Sandra Halpenny HERE on her blog. She also has a YouTube tutorial HERE. If you need Rulla beads to make this bracelet, Supply Emporium has a very nice selection of colors.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment