Monday, October 16, 2017

Tangles for Monday


All but the last tangle for today are from Pattern-Collections.com. "Aline Leaf" is by YuRu-Chen and the pattern can be found HERE. This one is very simple to draw but it is a little plain without the addition of color.



Dörte Seupel-Kör's "Auwacka Too" is also found on Pattern-Collections.com. Besides the step-out, there is a video link and quite a few example images HERE.


You'll find the "Elfhat" step-out HERE as well as a couple of YouTube videos. This tangle is also by YuRu-Chen. I love how the colors pop on the dark paper that I used. They look fluorescent but they're not even super bright colors.


"Frunky" is by Katharina Königsbauer-Kolb. You can find the step-out HERE at Pattern-Collections.com and also at Katharina's blog HERE. I'm not sure why my scanner made the aqua on the "frunkies" look so spotty.




"NUXY" is by Veena Arun and you can find the step-out on her KNOT Brat blog HERE. NUXY is similar to the "Jash" tangle pattern that I blogged about HERE.

 

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Linda. Love the Auwacka Too tangle - reminds me of Alice in Wonderland - and the Elf Hats are so cute.

    FYI, light blue is often "invisible" to scanners/copiers. In the pre-desktop publishing days I used a "printer's blue" pencil to mark placement of graphics in flyers/brochures I made using cut and paste (when that meant scissors and glue). The blue didn't show on the final copies.

    Thanks for the heads-up on Baubles & Beads close-out sale. I ordered quite a lot of beads yesterday...

    Cheers!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I bought colored pencils recently, I noticed a color called "non-photo blue". I wonder if that color has anything to do with what you mentioned.

      I've got some beads arriving today from Baubles & Beads.

      Delete
  2. Yes, that's it. It isn't always consistent though. Background color and/or copier/scanner brands or technology might play into it as well. I've noticed yellow can also be finicky.

    Have fun with your beads! I'm eagerly awaiting my order as I took advantage of the great prices to get some things I've never used before.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I ordered anything from Baubles & Beads that I didn't already have. I just stocked up on items that I use a lot or that I was running low on.

      Delete