Saturday, August 19, 2017

Playing with my beads...Black & Red Fringe Earring Sample


  • 8/0 seed beads "Matte Black" (no info available)
  • 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads "Opaque Black" (DB10)
  • 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads "Opaque Red" (DB723)


My sister-in-law saw some long fringe earrings in an Etsy shop and asked me if I could make some for her but with much shorter fringe. I couldn't just make a chart from the original photo and crop off a bunch of red beads from the bottom of the fringe. The whole fringe design had to be adjusted to suit the shorter length. I got the design right but I really goofed up when I made my first sample, which is the earring on the left in the photo above. I messed up on the number of red beads in the fringe. Rather than actually count them, I saw on the chart that each strand was three beads longer than the previous one but didn't take into account that there were also more black beads in each strand. I shouldn't have added three more red beads to each strand like I did. Oops! I made the earring on the right correctly.


 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Lu. There is no pattern for them and I won't be able to post one because I adapted them from someone else's design. Having said that, it wouldn't be too difficult to count the beads in my photos.

      Delete
  2. I like the way they both turned out.

    ReplyDelete