Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Playing with my beads...Bisaneta's Bracelet with Candy Beads


  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8mm 2-hole Candy beads "Violet White Terracotta"
  • SuperDuo beads "Bronze Gold" (Beads Parade Etsy)

Yesterday I blogged about making the "Bisaneta" bracelet design using 6mm cabochons instead of DiamonDuos. Someone asked me in the comments below that post if the pattern would work with 8mm Candy beads. I didn't think they would but I thought I'd better give them a try before I replied to the question. They do work but they make a wider and chunkier bracelet. I like how they look in my little sample but I really need to try making a whole bracelet to see if I'll like having that many Candy beads in a row down the center.

I used 11/0 seed beads in the netting instead of 15/0 beads simply because I was too lazy to get out the 15/0 beads. I kind of like the larger seed beads with the larger cabochons. I had to add an extra 11/0 on each side of the clasp loop to make it fit around the Candy bead.

Bisaneta doesn't have a pattern for her bracelet but I found a YouTube video tutorial HERE that makes one that's very similar.

Read THIS post for the bead color information about the sample at the top. Read yesterday's post HERE for information about the sample in the middle. The only place that I've seen SuperDuos in this gold color is at Beads Parade on Etsy HERE.


ALMOST 5 MILLION!

My blog is just about to reach another milestone. I'm expecting that sometime tomorrow it will hit 5 million pageviews since I started my blog back in January of 2014. Also, next month is my beading anniversary. I will have been beading for five years.

 

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the 5 million. That's kind of mind boggling and so well deserved.

    I am delighted to be back in a beading frame of mind, but I don't own any of the fancy new beads which have surfaced over the past two years. Are there any shapes you would particularly recommend? The mini duos look appealing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dolly. It hard to remember now which beads came out in the past two years. I do like DiamonDuos (and GemDuos) and all of the 2-hole cabochons (8mm Candy beads, 5mm CzechMates cabs and 6mm cabs). I'm not all that keen on the mini Silky beads but I love the full-size ones. I like some of Puca's beads but only with a few select patterns.

      Delete
    2. I forgot to mention that I do like the MiniDuos but the choice of patterns for them is still kind of limited. Most of the things that I make with them are with Deb Roberti's patterns.

      Delete
    3. Okey dokey, I ordered some of the two hole cabs. They come in a purple that's actually really nice- that's hard to find. Thanks, pal. : )

      Delete
    4. I goofed on the size of the CzechMates cabochons. They're 7mm, not 5mm. In many cases, they work best with Toho seed beads. The Candy beads and 6mm cabs generally work best with Miyuki seed beads.

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Linda. I prefer the cabochons. I'll keep looking for a pattern or idea for my candy beads! Not like they are eating anything sitting in my "to use" bin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the middle 2 hole bead on the 2nd one in the middle. That is my kinda color all day long. I just get so excited when I see your playful designs. I can look and look at them and never get tired of seeing them, and your way of putting colors together is something I wish I too can do one day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I love those subtle "grungy" colors very much too.

      Delete