Sunday, May 28, 2017

Bracelet of the Day: Bisaneta's Bracelet - Senegal Brown


  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • GemDuo beads "Chalk Senegal Brown"
  • SuperDuo beads "Matte Chalk Bronze"

I showed you a sample of this colorway in THIS post about the new GemDuo beads. There is no pattern for this bracelet but there is a YouTube video tutorial HERE for a very similar bracelet called "Bardot". The main difference is the placement of the netting along the outer edge. I make mine using a different method from the one in the video. I start by making the first clasp loop and I also add my netting as I create each motif. In the video she creates the base of DiamonDuos and SuperDuos first then goes back up and down the length of the bracelet adding the netting beads and clasp loops. The end result looks the same and you can easily add the netting beads where Bisaneta does instead of where she puts them in the video.


This bracelet is a nice medium width and is somewhat heavy for its size. It is a comfortable bracelet to wear. You probably won't be able to find SuperDuos this color but you should be able to find them in "Chalk Senegal Brown", which doesn't have a matte finish like the ones I used. I found these on Etsy but that shop is out of this color and I've never seen it anywhere else. Read my GemDuo post HERE for a list of places to buy them.



 

1 comment:

  1. I really like this colourway and of course the design - thanks for the link to the video.

    ReplyDelete