Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Tweaked Jolie Band & Arula Earrings Set


TWEAKED JOLIE BAND
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 6mm 2-hole cabochons "Jet"
  • Arcos® par Puca® beads "Jet"
  • 4mm druks "Jet"
  • MiniDuo beads "Jet"

This set was also a Christmas present for my sister. I was going to use Minos beads instead of druks until I noticed that the jet Minos beads are much smaller than Minos beads in other colors. If I had used them, the bracelet would have been a little too short and I didn't want to use more than two jump rings on each side of the clasp. Also, adding another motif would have made it much too long. I went with 4mm druks because 3mm druks also seemed a little too small to give me the length I needed. I actually like how the 4mm druks look between the motifs and will keep this idea in mind for future Jolie bracelets.


Download Deborah Roberti's free "Linda's Tweaked Jolie Band" pattern from Around the Beading Table HERE.


Here are the earrings that I made to go with this bracelet:


ARULA EARRINGS VARIATION
  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 3mm druks "Jet"

This is my adaptation of the free "Arula Earrings" pattern which is normally made with Rulla beads instead of druks. You'll find the free tutorial HERE and I've blogged about it before HERE and HERE.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment