Friday, February 19, 2016

Bracelet of the Day: Duo Silky Bracelet - Suede Gold & Lazure Blue


  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • Silky beads "Alabaster Lazure Blue"
  • SuperDuo beads "Metallic Suede Gold" *

* I found these in a local shop and they're quite a bit darker than most of the Suede Gold beads that I've seen. The color is deeper and richer looking.

 
Karey Cummins posted a comment on my Pinterest board recently about how much she loves making the "Duo Kheops Bracelet" pattern. She also mentioned that the pattern works well with Silky beads in place of the Kheops beads. Of course I had to give that idea a try and she was right. With a bit of tweaking, Silkies work perfectly and the bracelet has a slightly different look than with Kheops. To me, the Kheops version has an Art Deco look and I think that the Silky version looks more Art Nouveau. I love both styles but Art Nouveau is my favorite. I was feeling a little frustrated with the lack of Kheops colors that appealed to me so this makes me very happy. Now that I know that I can use Silky beads, I'll be making these like crazy.

You can buy the "Duo Kheops" pattern from Marina Beads on Etsy, HERE.

I didn't actually have to change the pattern, just the order that things are done. If you follow the instructions as written, the Silky beads will end up sideways. I just had to pick up the beads in a slightly different order to get the bumps to be upright.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment