TRACERY TRINKET BRACELET
- 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (461)
- 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Opaque Luster Ecru" (440)
- Silky beads "Opaque Ivory Copper"
- 4mm fire polished beads "Transparent Gold Topaz Luster"
You may have noticed that Sam Wescott came out with a new Silky bead pattern about the same time that I posted my "Sophia Silky Bracelet" tutorial HERE on my blog. Her pattern looks similar to "Sophia" but is a nice alternative for those who don't have or don't want to use SuperDuo beads. Click HERE to buy Sam's pattern.
The method for making Sam's pattern is totally different from "Sophia" and it's super easy. If you haven't used Silky beads yet, this is the perfect first pattern to try with them. Sam's instructions are easy to follow and the bracelet is very quick to make.
For my 6-inch bracelet, I used 13 Silky beads. I wasn't sure how much thread to use so I started with 3 yards. I just barely had enough to weave in the ends so you may want to use about 4 yards for longer bracelets to keep from running short.
I bought my Ivory Copper Silky beads from GC Supplies Texas, HERE, and the 8/0 Ecru seed beads that I used can be found at Charlene's Beads on THIS page. These seed beads match the Silkies very well.
Here's another example of this pretty pattern:
- 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
- 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
- 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Matte Silver Lined Amethyst" (440)
- Silky beads "Alabaster Lazure Blue"
- 4mm fire bicones "Light Amethyst" (Chinavoski)
There were a few Silky beads in this batch that had a purplish tint on them so I decided to try accenting them with bicones and seed beads in a light amethyst color. I think it works very well. I used 8/0 bronze seed beads on the ends of this one because the amethyst seed beads that I used weren't quite the right shape for the jump rings to go through. You can buy the 8/0 seed beads at Aura Crystals HERE. I can't give you any information about the bicones because I bought them locally and they weren't labeled.