Friday, February 13, 2015

Bracelet of the Day: Eclipse Bracelet - Montana Blue


ECLIPSE BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • SuperDuo beads "Pastel Montana Blue"
  • 4mm fire polished beads "Montana Blue Luster"
  • 4mm fire polished beads "Bronze"
  • 3mm druks "Bronze"

This is bracelet number four of Deb Roberti's "Eclipse Bracelet". You can buy the pattern HERE.


I just made two pairs of the "Esmeralda Earrings" for myself and thought you might like to see how they look. I learned something about that pattern while making them. It's best to keep your tension slightly relaxed, but not loose, so that the earrings will come out nice and flat. If you pull the beads too snug, the earrings will warp. You can read my previous post to get the bead information for these earrings HERE and HERE is the link to the YouTube video tutorial.


6 comments:

  1. I just love this pattern. Must try the weave this weekend. Very graceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very pretty design which is why I've made so many of them.

      Delete
  2. Linda, thank you for sharing your beautiful creations. I am new to beading, but not new to crafting by any means and your blog is inspiring me so much! I already have a collection of beads and I think I will be making these beauties this weekend. Thank you for finding all these great tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my pleasure, Eva. I enjoy discovering new patterns and beading ideas so I might as well share them with everyone.

      Delete
  3. HI Linda - This bracelet looks great in the blue tones as well and your earrings look beautiful as well. Thank you for all that you shared on a daily basis. Hope that you have a great Valentine's day and enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I had read your post before making these earrings. Granted I did some changing like using 3x4 rondelles and these beads called step fold which look like twisted bicones. I also put size 8/0 on the outside to fill the the gaps because I don't like the way that looks. However I made my tension too tight because it was too floppy. Next time I will use 6 or 8 pound fireline to make it stiffer without the extra tension. They still came out very pretty. I also added a small dangle on the bottom like I saw on another picture on the web. I am going to try druks and following the instructions next time.

    ReplyDelete