Saturday, May 3, 2014

Playing with my beads...


Yesterday I made a few color samples of Deborah Roberti's latest bracelet pattern, "Pinnacle Bands". It's for sale at Around the Beading Table HERE. I just got several new colors of Czechmates in the mail the other day so the timing was perfect. The bracelet works up very nicely and has a nice feel to it. It's soft and flexible, rather than stiff, which is a feature that I like. Now I just have to decided which color combination to use for my first bracelet. I'm pretty sure that I'll either make the green one or the topaz one. The first two samples are the same except for the color of the seed beads. 

By the way, the color of the "Crystal Moon Dust" CzechMates that I used is identical to the color of the "Montana Blue Luster" fire polished beads.

TOP SAMPLE:

  • 110 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Mink Bronze" (D4213)
  • 4mm druks "Bronze Illusion"
  • CzechMates "Crystal Moon Dust"
  • 4mm fire polished beads "Montana Blue Luster"
CENTER SAMPLE:
  • 110 seed beads Miyuki "Antique Silver-Nickel" (11-464A)
  • 4mm druks "Bronze Illusion"
  • CzechMates "Crystal Moon Dust"
  • 4mm fire polished beads "Montana Blue Luster"
BOTTOM SAMPLE LEFT:
  • 110 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (11-457D)
  • 4mm druks "Bronze"
  • CzechMates "Gold Marbled Olivine"
  • 4mm fire polished beads "Chrysolite Celsian"
BOTTOM SAMPLE RIGHT:
  • 110 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (11-457L)
  • 4mm druks "Gold and Smoky Topaz Luster"
  • CzechMates "Topaz Gold Luster"
  • 4mm fire polished beads "Milky Topaz" *

* I found out that what I was calling "Amber Opal" is actually called "Milky Topaz". See the comments for some links to sites that sell this color. 

5 comments:

  1. I love the" Amber Opal" 4mm FP beads you used. Could I ask where you got them?
    Jan . jjfin556@att.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought them in a local bead shop and there was no information on them. But, I just found that color in 6mm on the Aura Crystals eBay site: http://tinyurl.com/onooxv4. They're called "Milky Topaz" and the company that produces them is Starman. Aura does have them in 4mm as well but the photo doesn't look right: http://tinyurl.com/qx89jem. They're not as yellow as the picture. They look more like the 6mm photo. Here is a link to an Italian shop that also has them: http://tinyurl.com/qgq93lt.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much. I can't wait to get started on the bracelet. I love your site. It helps me with my color selections. I'm not very good at picking colors so thank you for your page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the topaz colorway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the one I'm working on right now, Laurie. I like that one the best too.

      Delete