Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Circles & Squares Earrings - Mint & Pewter


CIRCLES & SQUARES EARRINGS
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Pewter" (4222)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Pewter" (4222)
  • MiniDuo beads "Chalk Light Green Luster"
  • 3mm druks "Chalk White Mint Luster aka Laurel Green"

The druks that I used are almost exactly the same color as the MiniDuos. I'm not sure why there are three different names for the same color but that's often the case with beads.


I noticed something odd with this particular batch of MiniDuos. You might be able to see what I mean if you zoom in close on my photos. Some of them taper to very sharp points and others have quite thick, rounded ends. In the photo below, look at the four MiniDuos in the center of the earring on the right in my hand. You'll see that two of them are fat and rounded and two have very pointy ends. I haven't seen that with any other color that I can recall. Thankfully that didn't seem to have any adverse effects on my earrings but that might not be the case with a different pattern.

You can buy Deb's pattern HERE at Around the Beading Table or HERE in her Etsy shop. The pattern includes instructions for bracelets and matching earrings in two variations. These earrings are the "Squares" version of the earring pattern.




 

2 comments:

  1. That's weird, I've definitely seen that with Twin beads before, but never miniduos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for taking so long to reply. I just found out this morning that Blogger hasn't been notifying us by email when we have new comments. Yes, it is very weird.

      Delete