Sunday, March 11, 2018

Liz Band & Picture Frame Earrings - Chalk Lumi Green & Rose


LIZ BAND
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Matte Cabernet" (703)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Matte Cabernet" (703)
  • Mini DiamonDuo beads "Chalk Lumi Green"  
  • 3mm druks "Alabaster Coral Rose"


I made this and one other "Liz Band" colorway that I will blog about tomorrow. After making them, I needed to find a couple of new earring patterns to go with both of them. I didn't have any patterns in my stash that would work well with the beads that I used. The earrings to go with today's bracelet needed to be made with either Mini DiamonDuos or the regular size ones. I also wanted to use beads in a color that was similar to the druks that I used in the bracelet.

Luckily, I found two new earring patterns that would work great with both of my new bracelets. Both of them are from YouTube tutorials so they're free. The "Picture Frame Earrings" that go with today's bracelet also have a web tutorial available.

Go to THIS post to download the free "Liz Band" pattern. Watch the video tutorial for the "Picture Frame Earrings" HERE. Maria also has step-by-step photos for the earrings HERE on her blog. I got the druks HERE at Supply Emporium. Unfortunately, the SuperDuos that I used in the earrings are no longer available anywhere that I know of.

I changed one thing on my earrings. Maria's earrings are square with the top loops being attached to one of the sides. I wanted mine to be diamond shaped to go with the diamond theme of the bracelet.




PICTURE FRAME EARRINGS
  • 15/0 seed beads Toho "Matte Cabernet" (703)
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Matte Cabernet" (703)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Matte Cabernet" (703)
  • DiamonDuo beads "Chalk Lumi Green"
  • SuperDuo beads "Matte Chalk Bronze"
  • 3mm bicones "Purple Red AB" (Chinese)







PLAYING WITH MINI DIAMONDUO BEADS...

While I had the Mini DiamonDuos out, I thought I'd try making a couple of motifs of Deb Roberti's "Petites Fleur" pattern. Normally the pattern is made with SuperDuos but I thought perhaps Mini DiamonDuos might also work. They do seem to work. There is only a very slight warping of the motif which might be more noticeable with earrings than with a bracelet. I'd love to make bracelets in both of these colorways but I'm not sure if I have enough of all these beads.

LEFT SAMPLE:

  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (461)
  • Mini DiamonDuo beads "Chalk Lumi Green"
  • 3mm Czech pearls "Fiesta Nutmeg"
  • 3mm druks "Matte Siam Ruby Bronze Picasso"

RIGHT SAMPLE:

  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • Mini DiamonDuo beads "Matte Gold"
  • 3mm druks "Mustard Luster"
  • 3mm druks "Turquoise Gold Topaz Luster"
 

3 comments:

  1. Love those earrings,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your diamond-shaped version of the Picture Frame Earrings! Thanks for including link a link to my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria. Thanks for such a pretty earring pattern.

      Delete