Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Honeycomb Stackers & Tiny Honeycomb Earrings Sets

TINY HONEYCOMB EARRINGS
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)
  • Honeycomb beads "Hodge Podge Seafoam Travertine"


I blogged about these two bracelets HERE and HERE and you can get the bracelet pattern and bead information for them in those posts. While making a few more "Honeycomb Stackers" bracelets, I got the idea to make matching earrings using Honeycomb beads because it might be difficult to find other kinds of beads in the same colors as some of the new Honeycomb "Hodge Podge" colors. Although they're super small, I used my "Silky Deco Chain Earrings" pattern as the starting point when creating these earrings. The Honeycomb version is even smaller but still wearable and cute. Below is a photo of a pair of "Silky Deco Chain Earrings" for comparison:


You can download the free
"Silky Deco Chain Earrings" pattern from THIS post.



Because the Honeycomb beads are smaller and shaped differently than Silky beads, I had to make a few changes to the design. So, I've created a new free earring pattern which I will post for download as soon as I've had a chance to give it a final test run. It should be ready in the next few days.


TINY HONEYCOMB EARRINGS
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Metallic Bronze Antique Gold" (225)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Metallic Bronze Antique Gold" (225)
  • Honeycomb beads "Hodge Podge Blue Picasso"






 

2 comments:

  1. to make longer earrings, i would use jump rings to connect three motifs. or use long kidney wires to dangle a single motif. lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cally. I tried a similar idea yesterday and hope to take some photos today.

      Delete