- 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
- 11/0 Delica beads "Metallic Light Bronze" (DB22L)
- 11/0 Delica beads "Duracoat Opaque Fennel" (DB2123)
- 11/0 Delica beads "Opaque Mulberry" (DB662)
- 11/0 Delica beads "Matte Opaque Blue Grey" (DB792)
Today's earrings evolved from my attempt to make a smaller version of the gorgeous earring that I blogged about HERE. Below is a photo of the earring from that post. I still haven't made the other earring to go with that one but I probably will eventually. It's too pretty not to even though it has a very long fringe and takes hours to make.
I made the purple and blue sample above first. My goal was to shrink down the size of the top section without affecting the overall design too much. I'm pleased with the way the top came out. However, I'm not that keen on my adaptation of the fringe design. What I don't like is the part of the fringe at the top just below the top section. The shape of the design looks messy and random with those light green beads. Unlike the original earring that I was adapting, there aren't as many beads in this smaller version so the outline isn't as well defined in that spot.
In the colorway below, I used all one color for the outline and I think that works better. However, I think that part of the design bulges out a little too much so I'm working on a slightly different version.
- 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Pewter" (4222)
- 11/0 Delica beads "Duracoat Galvanized Pewter"(DB1852)
- 11/0 Delica beads "Opaque Rosewater" (DB1906)
- 11/0 Delica beads "Dyed Opaque Maroon" (DB654)
- 11/0 Delica beads "Opaque Glazed Luster Teal" (DB264)
Here's a sneak peek at what's on my beading mat at the moment. It's what I'm hoping will be the final version of my adaptation of this earring design. I usually make these earrings with four colors but I added a fifth one this time for a very colorful look. I did have to make some tweaks to the design of the top section in order to make it work well my new fringe design.
You can buy Delica beads at Red Panda, Aura Crystals, Supply Emporium and Baubles & Beads.