Monday, April 4, 2016

Bracelet of the Day: Roundabout - Pewter


ROUNDABOUT BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Pewter" (4222)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Pewter" (4222)
  • DiamonDuo beads "Antique Chrome"
  • MiniDuo beads "Matte Antique Silver" aka "Jet Silver Luster"
  • 3mm fire polished beads "Antique Silver" aka "Antique Chrome"

Have you noticed that the main 2-hole beads in a lot of Deborah Roberti's bracelet patterns are interchangeable? For example, her "Fanfare Bracelet" pattern can be made with either Silky beads, Honeycomb beads or CzechMates. The other day Deb mentioned that she had updated her "Roundabout Bracelet" pattern after she discovered that it works great with DiamonDuos. She said that they make the design look quite different than when it's made with other kinds of 2-hole beads and she was absolutely right. I liked the design before but I LOVE the way it looks with DiamonDuos because the opening in the center of the motif is a lot smaller. For comparison, below is one of Deb's bracelets made with 2-hole cabochons and below that is one made with DiamonDuos:



See how the DiamonDuos nearly close up the hole in the center of the motif. It almost looks like a different design, doesn't it? You can buy the pattern HERE at Around the Beading Table.

I made my bracelet in a monochrome pewter/silver colorway to go with my pair of "Arabella" earrings that have the same color DiamonDuos. I blogged about my free earring pattern HERE. I think they make a very nice set and I'll be able to wear it with a lot of different outfits.

ARABELLA EARRINGS
 
I bought the "Matte Antique Silver" MiniDuos from Aura Crystals but they are sold out of them at the moment. However, you can get the same color at Red Panda, HERE. They just go by a different name there. The color codes are the same so I'm sure they're the same beads.

I found the "Antique Silver" fire polished beads at BeadsParade on Etsy, HERE. I haven't seen those anywhere else and that shop also has that color in 4mm and 6mm fire polished beads and also in SuperDuos. These two gorgeous silver finishes are popping up in all kinds of beads lately and I love them both. The lighter silver beads go very nicely with Miyuki's "Duracoat Galvanized Light Pewter" (4221) seed beads and the darker, tarnished-looking beads go well with Miyuki's "Duracoat Galvanized Pewter" (4222). I tried both seed bead colors with this pattern and loved them both. Here is a photo of my two samples:


The top sample has "Light Pewter #4221" seed beads and the bottom sample was made with "Pewter #4222" seed beads. I decided to go with the darker seed beads because I think they bring out the details in the motif a little more.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any place that has the "Antique Chrome" DiamonDuos in stock at the moment. Keep a lookout for them at QueenCityBead on Etsy and also at Red Panda. They are currently out of stock in both places but hopefully they will get more soon.




 

4 comments:

  1. The silver earrings and matching bracelet look very Art Deco! They would also look great in any bead colors resembling marcasite or jet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They reminded me of marcasite too, and even more so in real life.

      Delete
  2. I came upon this bracelet and immediately fell in love. I'm glad time has gone by, as all the materials were available! I'm so happy with it. So happy that you shared it. So happy I came upon Deb and Around the Beading Table, Bead Emporium, Red Panda Beads. Thank you very much. I love my bracelet. Everyone is surprised when I tell them it's made entirely of glass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that you like your bracelet so much. It is such a pretty pattern.

      Delete