Monday, November 16, 2015

YouTube Beading Tutorial: Beaded Earrings with Half Tilas, Superduos and Pinch Beads

I've had this tutorial pinned on my Pinterest board for quite some time but didn't have any Pinch beads to try it out until recently. I think it's a really cute set in the colors that Larissa used. You can read about it on Larissa's The Heart Beading blog HERE and watch her video HERE. Below is the photo of Larissa's pretty set from her blog:

Photo courtesy of The Heart Beading blog
 

I don't have Half Tilas in a lot of color choices but I came up with two color combinations. My first sample has all bronze beads except for the turquoise Superduos. I made this sample as the tutorial directs. For some reason I'm not crazy about the motif with one of the points at the top and a flat bottom, So, for my second sample, I turned the motif so that there is a point on the bottom. I also changed the loop for the earring wire on this one. I do like the earring this way slightly better but I'm not sure if I like either one well enough to make a pair unless I get some Half Tilas in other colors.

By the way, I left off the embellishment in the center of mine because I don't have any "O" beads. Leaving that off doesn't affect the pattern so you can just ignore that part of the video if you don't want to add it. These earrings are a little less than an inch wide.



  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • Miyuki Half Tila beads "Dark Bronze" (HT-457)
  • Pinch beads "Bronze"
  • SuperDuo beads "Turquoise Bronze Picasso"


  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • Miyuki Half Tila beads "Metallic Green Iris Matte" (HT-2008)
  • Pinch beads "Bronze"
  • SuperDuo beads "Crystal Gold Luster"
 

3 comments:

  1. I also like her designs.I wish she would do more but I guess she has a life. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda! Thank you so much for sharing my tutorial here! I really like the one you made with bronze pinch beads and metallic green half tila beads. I think I'll make a bracelet with these colors for myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my pleasure, Larissa. I've had my eye on that tutorial for a long time. I think that your color combination is the best but I had to work with what I had on hand.

      Delete