Sunday, November 8, 2015

Gold Beads - Update

On October 30th, I blogged HERE about a bracelet that I've been working on for my sister-in-law. I'm adapting her bracelet from a necklace photo that I saw HERE. To refresh your memory, below is the sample photo that I posted that was just a test run to figure out the pattern. At the time I didn't have the beads that I'm going to use so I just made the sample with what I had on hand.



Last night I made another sample using the actual beads this time. First I used the gold seed beads that I blogged about in that other post but discovered that they really don't go very well at all with the 24K gold Pinch beads. The gold color is less vibrant and looks "off" next to the Pinch beads. So, I dug through my seed bead stash and came up with an alternative color that looks much better. The color is Miyuki's "Duracoat Galvanized Dark Gold" (4203). It's slightly darker than the Pinch beads but it looks close enough in this design because there are so few seed beads.

The "diamond" montees that I bought to make this bracelet are beautiful. They have amazing sparkle. They're a little larger than the ones that were used in the original necklace photo but I think they look even better. This bracelet is quite thin and the larger montees help fill it out a little more and give it more substance. Below is a sample made with the colors that I will be using:




  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Dark Gold" (4203)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Dark Gold" (4203)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Dark Gold" (4203)
  • Kheops® Par Puca® beads "Jet"
  • Pinch beads "24K Gold Plated"
  • 4.6mm SS19 chaton montees "Clear with a gold setting" (Swarovski #53201)

I found a really good source for the montees on Etsy HERE. The 24K gold Pinch beads are from Red Panda. You can by them HERE. The designer,
VinJulEve, adapted this bracelet from her "Mirano" pattern which is for sale on DaWanda HERE.  
 

9 comments:

  1. Linda that bracelet is going to be gorgeous!! Your sister- in- law will be thrilled. Fabulous looks like a really exspensive diamond tennis bracelet. Where did you get your gold pinch beads? The etsy shop is closed for the montees. TFS Hugs Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that the Etsy shop was closed. I'll try to remember to update the link next week.

      I got the 24K gold Pinch beads from Red Panda. HERE is the link to the page.

      Delete
  2. Linda is your number correct for the gold seed beads because when I search that number it comes up as yellow gold not dark gold. Thanks Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the number is correct. The problem is that different shops call them by different names. Go by the number when you buy them.

      Delete
    2. erm is it me ...have i read it all wrong..but..but i prefer your top sample shall i go sit in the corner now ...T x

      Delete
    3. That's not the point, Teejay. My sister-in-law has asked me to make her bracelet in bright gold and black.

      Delete
  3. Laughing@Teejay. You are too funny. I think the gold and black is gorgeous. It's dainty and not too much gold. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. superbe ce bracelet c'est le Mirano http://vinjuleve.canalblog.com/archives/2015/04/22/31934167.html
    et vous trouverez le schéma ici http://fr.dawanda.com/product/80801059-schema-mirano
    Merci de vous interesser à mon travail :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salut Vinjuleve. Je dois un lien vers votre boutique DaWanda dans mon post ci-dessus. Mirano est un joli design avec beaucoup de variations possibles. Avez-vous vu mon autre post ICI?

      Delete