- 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
- 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
- CzechMates "Ashen Grey Copper Picasso"
- SuperDuo beads "Matte Chalk Bronze"
You can read my original post about these variations of Deb Roberti's "Coin Earrings", HERE. You can buy the pattern HERE at Around the Beading Table.
I messed up on the earring above. I had already added the corner beads all the way around it when I realized that I'd intended to add the top loop to one of the sides. I kind of like how this loop looks but I should have secured those two inside seed beads better. I did do that on one of the turquoise samples below and those beads look a lot neater.
Next, I wanted to try using Toho seed beads and see if there would be any reason to avoid using that brand. They work perfectly well and I think they fill out the rounded corners a little more nicely than the Miyuki beads do. I like them both ways though. The Toho earrings came out noticeably larger than the Miyuki ones. That's not good or bad, just different.
- 11/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)
- 8/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)
- CzechMates "Persian Turquoise Moon Dust"
- SuperDuo beads "Turquoise Bronze Picasso"
- 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
- 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
- CzechMates "Opaque Rose Gold Topaz Luster"
- SuperDuo beads "Opaque Rose Gold Topaz Luster"
I need to get to work on that big order of bracelets and earrings so I probably won't post again until I've at least made a little progress.