Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Playing with my beads...Twin Oliver Bracelet


I came upon THIS interesting-looking bracelet on Pinterest recently and wondered if I could figure out how it was made. It didn't take too long to work it out but afterward I found the pattern for it for sale on Etsy HERE. Once I saw the original pattern, I realized that the woman who made the bracelets in the Flickr photo changed the edging a bit. She actually improved it in my opinion. The thing is that I couldn't see how the clasp was attached and there is a clear photo of that part of the bracelet on Etsy. So, I added a clasp to my second sample.

After trying several combinations of SuperDuo colors, I've discovered that some work better with this design than others. My first sample with matte SuperDuos lays nice and flat. You can't see it in the photo but the larger sample with glossy beads is quite warped when I pick it up.

The bracelet is a little wider than I like and it's kind of bulky. However, I really like the edging on it and might try to incorporate that into another design sometime. I mainly wanted the challenge of trying to figure out how to make this one just for the fun of it.



SAMPLE 2:
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Metallic Bronze Antique Gold" (225)
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Grey Picasso"
  • SuperDuo beads "Blue Turquoise Bronze Picasso"
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Olive Bronze Picasso"

SAMPLE 1:
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Hybrid Light Beige Picasso" (11-Y306)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Matte Metallic Tarnish" (11-2091)
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Ultra Green Luster"
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Green Senegal Matte"


5 comments:

  1. guess who....
    yep i love those combos too i must have a play ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I missed seeing this when you originally posted it. Your bracelet is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although I love the design and color possibilities, it was a little too bulky for me so I never made a complete bracelet.

      Delete
  3. I really like this pattern. It is not available on her site anymore. Any chance you might do a tutorial on it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How odd that she removed it. I looked through her sales and found references to it but the pattern is gone. I can't make a tutorial based on someone else's design.

      Delete