Friday, October 17, 2014

Another pair of "Fiesta Twin Earrings"

  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • Twin beads "Crystal Gold Luster"
  • 4mm druks "Bronze"

This morning I decided that these might be nice in all bronze beads so I made myself a pair. I sometimes need a pair of all "metal" earrings when I'm wearing a bracelet that I don't have matching earrings for. These will go with pretty much any bracelet that has "Dark Bronze" seed beads in it. For some reason I had a little more trouble than usual getting through some tight spots at the end while weaving in the threads. I suspect that the bronze druks have slightly smaller holes than colored druks because of the thicker metallic coating on them.


Don't confuse the "Bronze" druks and SuperDuo beads with the color called "Dark Bronze" in those two types of beads even though the matching seed beads are called that called "Dark Bronze". The druks and SuperDuos in "Dark Bronze" are actually copper.

The free earring tutorial can be found HERE.


UPDATE 4/13/17: It's been brought to my attention that this free tutorial is no longer available on the new version of the About.com site. However, I was able to find several archived links to the original pattern page using the WayBackMachine site (https://web.archive.org). Click HERE to access the tutorial.
 

7 comments:

  1. Where do you get your Crystal Gold Luster Super Duos? I have searched everywhere. Love this pattern. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought some from Aura Crystals but they don't have them at the moment. I've also bought some in a local shop. I think that these from Aria Design Studio might be the same color:

      https://www.etsy.com/listing/124170551/gold-luster-superduo-two-hole-czech?ref=shop_home_active_6

      Red Panda also sells them but they're currently out of stock:

      http://www.redpandabeads.com/product_p/du0500030-90215.htm

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much I ordered some from Aria. I am just getting started with beading and I really enjoy your blog. You generously share your beautiful pieces and I find it invaluable that you also share where you got the patterns and beads used for each project so helpful for a newbie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to show you my version of this pattern, how can i do that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a Pinterest account? If so, you could upload your photo there. Or, use a site such as Photobucket. You could post the link to the photo here in a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so kind to post your beautiful work and offer the patterns for free. You are a person with a heart and artistic talent! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete