Friday, April 5, 2019

Tammy Bracelet Samples with GemDuos


I was asked recently if my "Tammy Bracelet" pattern would work with GemDuos instead of DiamonDuos. When I designed the pattern, GemDuos didn't exist yet so I wasn't sure if they would work well. I made these two samples the other day and later discovered that I had in fact already tried the pattern with GemDuos and forgot that I'd done it. You can read about it in THIS post. I figured that I might as well show you these two colorways since I went to the trouble of making them.

Although I have two colors of matte copper seed beads in my stash that go pretty well with these GemDuos, I don't have either color in 15/0 beads. In a pinch these Duracoat Dark Mauve beads worked quite nicely. They're not really mauve at all and they're pretty darn close to being copper.

LEFT SAMPLE:

  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Dark Mauve" (4213)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Dark Mauve" (4213)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Dark Mauve" (4213)
  • GemDuo beads "Copper Splash Turquoise"
  • GemDuo beads "Bronze Copper"

RIGHT SAMPLE:

  • 15/0 seed beads Toho "Metallic Bronze Antique Gold" (225)
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Metallic Bronze Antique Gold" (225)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Metallic Bronze Antique Gold" (225)
  • GemDuo beads "Chalk Lazure Blue"
  • GemDuo beads "Metallic Sueded Dark Green"

Download my free "Tammy Bracelet" pattern from THIS post. I got both of the main GemDuo colors at Queen City Bead. You'll find the Chalk Lazure Blue ones HERE and the Copper Splash Turquoise ones HERE.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment