Thursday, February 14, 2019

Fringe Earrings #104 and #105 - Teal & Khaki


FRINGE EARRINGS #104
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Bronze Antique Gold" (225)
  • 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads "Matte Blue Grey" (DB301)
  • 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads "Opaque Glazed Luster Teal" (DB264)
  • 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads "Opaque Matte Khaki" (DB390)


I've been having a lot of fun designing and making fringe earrings lately. Since I don't have anyone to make them for, I've been making them for myself in colors that appeal to me. I went through my wardrobe and my stash of Delica beads and I have mostly been making earrings that will go with the clothes that I wear. It's kind of challenging though because they don't make Delica beads in a lot of the colors that I wear. However, I have managed to come up with some pretty colorways to go with some of my favorite tops.


While trying to come up with some colors that would go well with one of my favorite summer tops, I tried the colorway below first. I often find that Delica colors actually look much lighter in the beadwork than they do in the container and these colors turned out to be much too pale. So, I went back to my Delica stash and found a darker shade of teal and a very dark navy blue that is also one of the colors in my top. I wasn't sure at first that the navy and teal would work well together but I think they look very nice as you can see in the photos above. I purposely kept the photos dark so that you can get a better idea of how dark the earrings are in real life. I only used three colors but I think they compliment each other very well. The sample earring is also pretty so I haven't taken it apart yet. I thought I might find something else to wear those colors with so I will hang onto it for a while just in case.



FRINGE EARRINGS #105
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Bronze Antique Gold" (225)
  • 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads "Duracoat Galvanized Matte Dark Sea Foam" (DB1847F)
  • 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads "Opaque Limestone Luster" (DB211)
  • 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads "Opaque Matte Khaki" (DB390)


Here are both colorways side-by-side:


You can buy Delica beads at Red Panda, Aura Crystals, Supply Emporium and Jill Wiseman Designs.




 

6 comments:

  1. this darker version reminds me of peacock feathers. lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What thread do you use? I struggle with getting straight, fluid fringe. I love all of your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra. I use Nymo B thread because it is very fine. Nymo D is too thick and Fireline is too stiff.

      Delete
  3. How do you achieve the look at the bottom of the fringe with the last three beads?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ginny. After I pick up the rest of the beads in each of the fringes, I pick up those last three beads and go back up through the fourth bead going toward the top of the earring which creates that little picot. I then continue all the way to the top through the fringe then add the next fringe and so on.

      Delete