Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Bauble Bracelet - Rose Gold Topaz


BAUBLE BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 11/0 seed beads "Light Caramel Ceylon" (no info available)
  • 7mm CzechMates 2-hole cabochons "Opaque Rose Gold Topaz Luster"


The other day I was browsing Kelly Dale's YouTube channel and came across a video for this bracelet. Since I have lot of these 7mm cabochons on hand, I thought this would be ideal for using up some of my stash. You can watch the video HERE. I checked Kelly's Etsy shop and didn't see this pattern for sale.

I tweaked Kelly's bracelet a little, mostly because I didn't want to have to put up with what she described in the video where the beads are all sort of loose on the thread. She just strung the beads on the thread and she later had to make sure that everything got tightened up properly. I decided to reinforce mine as I added each cabochon. Doing so made it much easier to handle the beadwork without fear of the beads sliding off or getting too loose. It also gave me a more secure bracelet.

Once my bracelet was finished, I decided to add some accent beads between each cab. I will probably make more of these bracelets with or without the accent beads. The bracelet is pretty without them too.



 

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely bracelet!
    I do like the way those accent beads bring the entire thing together, but I can also imagine this pattern working without them. Still, they were a great idea.
    Also, I am really glad you're back. :)
    I might not comment very often, but I look at your blog several times a week, and it is a source of never ending inspiration for me.
    Thank you for sharing your creations and tips with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your nice comments. I do like how this bracelet looks without the accents beads. It has a more casual look without them. I just couldn't resist adding them to this one because they fit perfectly in that space.

      Delete