Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Stepping-Stone Band - Lila Vega & Hematite


STEPPING-STONE BAND
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Gunmetal" (451)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Gunmetal" (451)
  • 3mm druks "Lilac Vega Luster"
  • 6mm 2-hole cabochons "Chalk White Lila Vega Luster"
  • DiamonDuo beads "Hematite"

It was a challenge to come up with three different colorways to make Deb Roberti's new "Stepping-Stone Band" because I didn't have enough of most of the necessary types of beads to make a complete bracelet. Honeycomb beads and GemDuos were out completely for me but I did have enough 6mm 2-hole cabochons and DiamonDuos in a few colors. Although I had enough 7mm CzechMates 2-hole cabochons in several colors, none of them went well with the DiamonDuos that I had enough of. It took fifteen of the 2-hole cabochons to make this bracelet to fit my 6-inch wrist and I made my clasp loops differently than the pattern instructs.


You can buy this pattern HERE at Around the Beading Table or HERE in Deb's Etsy shop.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment