Saturday, September 22, 2018

Playing with my beads...Dicey Diamonds Bracelet Variation with MiniDuos


  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 3mm Czech pearls "Cream"
  • MiniDuo beads "Opaque White Ruby Gold Luster aka Opaque Dark Pink Luster"

For information about this pattern, read THIS post. The other day Jeanie Callaghan asked me if I thought MiniDuos might work with this pattern. I'm happy to say that they work beautifully and perhaps even better than SuperDuos. I only had to make two adjustments to the design. I used 3mm pearls instead of 4mm druks and I eliminated four 15/0 seed beads on each motif. The result is a more dainty version of the bracelet.

Below is a comparison of my sample MiniDuo version next to the full-size SuperDuo version:


To make this mini version of the bracelet in my size, I will need to make five motifs. I will likely have to make an adjustment by leaving off the pearls near the ends otherwise it might be too long.


ALMOST THERE...

My blog hasn't quite hit 7 million pageviews yet but I expect it will in the next few hours. Right now the total count is 6,998,931 so 1,069 more to go. My blog typically gets between 3,500 and 4,000 pageviews per day and much more than that if I post a new pattern or something that's very popular.

 

6 comments:

  1. I''m so glad that works! You could mix the 2 motifs to make a bracelet that was more like the exact need you want. Congratulations on your page count! That's amazing, and well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanie. My blog hit 7 million around 2:00 this afternoon.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, Linda!
    You are true inspiration to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on 7 million pageviews!

    ReplyDelete