Friday, August 31, 2018

Zenith Earrings

ZENITH EARRINGS

I wanted to try Deb Roberti's latest pattern but decided that I could try more colorways if I made the earrings rather than the bracelet. Both are included in the "Zenith Bracelet & Earrings" pattern which you can buy HERE at Around the Beading Table or HERE on Etsy. As you can see, I left off the drop beads and changed the tops where the earring wires are attached.

I did something else that isn't mentioned in the instructions. As I wove around to reinforce the perimeter of each earring, I connected the center seed beads of the inner and outer rows. That helps to keep the outer row of seed beads from moving around. As I went around, I exited the center bead of the outer row, circled around through the inner row center bead and back out through the center bead in the outer row before continuing on around to the next section of seed beads.


  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • GemDuo beads "Chalk Beige Lumi"
  • 3mm fire polished beads "Aztec Gold"




  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • DiamonDuo beads "Chalk Lumi Green"
  • 3mm fire polished beads "Champagne"




  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • GemDuo beads "Bronze Pale Gold"
  • 3mm fire polished beads "Bronze Illusion"




  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • GemDuo beads "Chalk Senegal Brown"
  • 3mm fire polished beads "Transparent Gold Topaz Luster"




5 comments:

  1. Really pretty colors! I'll have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea to connect the inner and outer rows. That's a tip I'm sure to use in the future, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Helen. I've used that technique before and it's quite effective at keeping floppy netting in place.

      Delete