Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Buttercup Bracelet - Jade


BUTTERCUP BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)
  • SuperDuo beads "Aquamarine Dark Travertine"
  • 4mm Czech pearls "Antique Gold"
  • 8mm round beads "Jade" (Chinese)


I've made three more of these bracelets, including this one, and plan to make one more before I move on to something else. I thought you might like to see these four sample colorways that I've decided not to use:


TOP LEFT SAMPLE

  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)
  • SuperDuo beads "Chalk Senegal"
  • 4mm Czech pearls "Gold"
  • 8mm druks "Opaque Lilac Gold Luster"

TOP RIGHT SAMPLE

  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)
  • SuperDuo beads "Bronze Pale Gold"
  • 4mm pearls "Ivory" (Chinese)
  • 8mm round beads "Aqua" (Chinese)

BOTTOM LEFT SAMPLE

  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (461)
  • SuperDuo beads "Chalk Blue Picasso Luster"
  • 4mm druks "Blue Luster"
  • 8mm druks "Matte Bronze"

BOTTOM RIGHT SAMPLE

  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Metallic Bronze Antique Gold" (225)
  • SuperDuo beads "Chalk Lazure Blue"
  • 4mm druks "Blue Luster"
  • 8mm druks "Matte Bronze"

You've probably noticed that I've been using Toho seed beads. It turns out that they work with this pattern much better than Miyuki seed beads. The motifs stay flat and there is enough room for the center beads so that they don't pop out. I did use Miyuki beads to make one of the samples above and the motif does cup but it doesn't look too bad.

In today's bracelet, I used some green glass beads that Teejay sent me from England a few years ago. They're Chinese so I can't tell you were to find them. They just happen to go perfectly with the colors in these Superduos. The aqua bead in one of my samples was also from Teejay.

This pattern is by Teresa Morse and you can buy the pattern HERE in her Etsy shop. Read my first post about this pattern HERE for more information.




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful bracelet! Lovely colors. I really like your variation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanie. Except for my clasp loops, I made this exactly as written in the pattern.

      Delete