Thursday, December 8, 2016

Bracelet of the Day: SuperDuo Rosette - Nebula with Pewter & Copper


SUPERDUO ROSETTE BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Pewter" (4222)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Pewter" (4222)
  • SuperDuo beads "Duet Green Turquoise/Ivory Nebula Matte"
  • 3mm metal beads "Antique Copper" (Hobby Lobby)

I love the combination of pewter and copper and this combo is especially pretty with these matte SuperDuo Duets. The color is called "Green Turquoise/Ivory Nebula Matte" but they're not green or turquoise. They are a sort of grayish blue. The "ivory", which is actually a very pale copper color, is very subtle but it adds to the soft appearance.



I did something a little different this time when I made this bracelet. I wanted it to be a little wider so I replaced the 15/0 seed beads with 11/0 beads and replaced the 11/0 beads called for with 8/0 seed beads. This worked very well with these Miyuki seed beads but I don't think it would work at all with Toho beads.

Below you can see yesterday's bracelet next to today's to see the difference in the size:


 

LORETTA DECO EARRINGS
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Pewter" (4222)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Pewter" (4222)
  • SuperDuo beads "Duet Green Turquoise/Ivory Nebula Matte"
  • SuperDuo beads "Jet Old Silver"
  • 4mm metal beads "Antique Copper" (Hobby Lobby)


 
I made my tweaked "Art Deco" version of the "Loretta" motif for the matching earrings. In my first post HERE about the SuperDuo Duet beads, I showed you two similar colorways. I didn't end up using either one but instead used pewter SuperDuos in the center of the earrings for more contrast. Below you can see the two samples that I didn't end up using:


  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • SuperDuo beads "Duet Green Turquoise/Ivory Red Luster"
  • SuperDuo beads "Chocolate White Luster"
  • 4mm druks "Turquoise Copper Picasso"



  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Pewter" (4222)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Pewter" (4222)
  • SuperDuo beads "Duet Green Turquoise/Ivory Nebula Matte"
  • SuperDuo beads "Ivory Nebula"
  • 4mm metal beads "Antique Copper" (Hobby Lobby)

You can buy Sam Wescott's "SuperDuo Rosette" bracelet pattern HERE. Buy the "Loretta Earrings" pattern HERE. You can buy SuperDuo Duets beads at Red Panda and Queen City Bead.





 

7 comments:

  1. Can I purchase this earring and bracelet set? I just love them. klg1309@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Linda
    I have seen your work on Pinterest and found your blog. Is it possible to follow your blog via an email address? I love your work and it continues to inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is. Over on the right hand side of my blog, look for "Follow by email".

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I don't but there is a link to Sam Wescott's pattern on Etsy in my post above.

      Delete