Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Bracelet of the Day: SuperDuo Rosette - Green & Ivory


SUPERDUO ROSETTE BRACELET
  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • SuperDuo beads "Duet Green Turquoise/Ivory Luster"
  • 3mm Czech pearls "Antique Gold"

It has been about two years since I last made one of these pretty bracelets designed by Samantha Wescott. It's one of my all-time favorite patterns and you can buy it in Sam's Etsy shop HERE


I recall that when I first bought the pattern it was hard to find 3mm druks in very many colors. I suspect that my blog increased the demand for them because more bead sites started selling this size. For a while there were lots of interesting colors available in 3mm but I've noticed that the selection is gradually dwindling again. They seem to be pushing 2mm druks and pearls and cutting back on the 3mm ones. That's really a shame because there are plenty of patterns that call for 3mm round beads and not really that many calling for 2mm beads. I don't see why we can't have a good color selection in both sizes. Today's bracelet is made with Czech pearls and it's a bit easier to find those in 3mm than druks.


I love the soft look of the SuperDuo Duets that I used in this bracelet. Putting the ivory side so that it's facing the center of each motif creates a sort of dreamy glow around the pearls. You can buy the "Duets" at Red Panda and Queen City Bead.




No comments:

Post a Comment