Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Silky Squares Earrings - Amethyst Copper samples

Surprise! You probably thought that I wouldn't be posting anything today but the sun came out a few times yesterday afternoon and I was able to take a few beadwork photos. These earrings are from Deborah Roberti's new "Silky Squares Bracelet & Earrings" pattern which you can buy HERE. I made two color variations using these "Deep Amethyst Copper" Silky beads that I bought from GC Supplies Texas on Etsy. HERE is a link to that color in Marcia's shop. I used the same color seed beads in both samples but changed the color of the SuperDuo beads. I haven't decided which ones I like the best yet. Note that I changed the way the earring wires are attached at the top of my earring samples by adding an 8/0 bead. I also made a couple more samples of these earrings in another color combination and will blog about them after I get some photos.

In case you haven't noticed, there is a slight difference between the Silky beads in the first sample than in the second sample below. That batch of Silkies had some with more of the amethyst showing in the center on the bevel and some had a very narrow bit showing. I've sorted them into the two types so that I won't end up mixing them.


  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (461)
  • 8/0 seed beads "Chocolate" (no info available)
  • Silky beads "Deep Amethyst Copper"
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Chocolate White"



  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (461)
  • 8/0 seed beads "Chocolate" (no info available)
  • Silky beads "Deep Amethyst Copper"
  • SuperDuo beads "Jet Vega"


8 comments:

  1. They're gorgeous! We seem to be on the same wavelength lately! Today, I found a pattern in a Bead magazine called "Two Hole Flower Power Earrings." The pattern calls for silky beads! I will hopefully be making them today. It's been raining here since yesterday afternoon and later today, we are supposed to get twelve inches of snow. So I will be home beading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is THIS the pattern?

      It's supposed to get up to almost to 80 here today but it's only going to be 30 tomorrow morning. How's that for crazy weather???

      Delete
    2. It actually reached 82 this afternoon. I hear the wind picking up outside and it's raining. The cold front is on the way and I have to go out shopping in the morning.

      Delete
  2. I just found out something really interesting. I clicked on Linda's link, which took me to the Kalmbach store. I called customer service and explained that I was trying to find out where the earrings were published, and was told by the rep that the item number (Item #bbpdf141017) gives the info. the "bb" is for Bead & Button, the 14 is for the year, the 10 is for the month, and the 17 is the page it's on. Isn't that great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew that the pattern was from Bead & Button magazine because Jeanie pinned her earrings on the group Pinterest board HERE and she mentioned that. That is good to know that you can track down a pattern to a particular issue of the magazine by the item number.

      Delete
  3. Ooops. Instructions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a link to the pattern in my post above, Lynne.

      Delete