Saturday, March 14, 2015

Peyote Fan Earrings



  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Matte Bronze" (2006)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Matte Bronze" (2006)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Matte Bronze" (2006) 
  • 8/0 seed beads "Matte Teal" (unknown brand)
  • 4mm brass bead (Hobby Lobby)

This design was inspired by some earrings that I saw on Pinterest by IrenaK. She's selling them in her shop HERE. She isn't selling the pattern but I've seen several similar patterns online that helped me figure out how to make earrings in this style. I hadn't previously done much peyote stitch so I needed to refresh my memory in order to make these. Once I came up with the basic earring design, I played around a little with embellishment along the bottom edge. In the end, I've decided that I like them best without any picots but I do sometimes add a couple of 15/0 seed beads between the pairs of 8/0 beads along the bottom. 


What I love most about these earrings is that I can use a variety of accent colors. I sometimes add one row of the accent color and sometimes add two or more rows for a different look. I prefer beads with a matte finish for these earrings but I think they also look pretty with shiny metallic beads and accent beads. The large bead near the top can also be replaced with a bicone or fire polished bead in a coordinating color.

I'm planning to post my pattern for these earrings as soon as I have a chance to take step-by-step photos. I think that photos will make it easier to see how to do the peyote stitch and to see what each step should look like.

Below are a few samples that I've made in other colors:



  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Silver Lined Milky Montana Blue" (2102PF)
  • 4mm druks "Bronze"
  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Matte Bronze" (2006)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Matte Bronze" (2006)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Matte Bronze" (2006) 
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Mauve Green Iris" aka "Matte Metallic Khaki Iris" (F463K or 2035)
  • 4mm brass bicone (Hobby Lobby)







  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Matte Bronze" (2006)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Matte Bronze" (2006)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Matte Bronze" (2006)
  • 8/0 seed beads Matsuno "Avocado Iris" (F460V)
  • 4mm brass bead (Hobby Lobby)







  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized "Pewter" (D4222)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized "Pewter" (D4222)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki " "Duracoat Galvanized "Pewter" (D4222)
  • 8/0 seed beads "Silver Lined Matte Purple Rainbow" (no info available)
  • 4mm druk "Opaque Amethyst Luster"
  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Matte Bronze" (2006)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Matte Bronze" (2006)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Matte Bronze" (2006)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Opaque Yellow Picasso" (4512)
  • 4mm brass bead (Hobby Lobby)




16 comments:

  1. These earrings are absolutely gorgeous! I am so excited that you are doing a pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sun came out today so I took the tutorial photos. I also got the photos taken of all that beaded booty that I blogged about yesterday. What a relief! It will take me a few hours to edit the photos so I still don't know yet when I'll have the earring pattern ready to post.

      Delete
  2. Magnifique. Je serais très heureuse de pouvoir perler ces parures et j'attends avec impatience vos conseils.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty!! I went to her site and her earrings done with the rivoli are exquisite. Do you know where she is from because I wanted to know how much she was charging for her earrings? Look forward to your tutorial. Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IrenaK does have some beautiful earrings. She's apparently in Slovakia or at least that's where her shop is located. It looks like Sashe.sk is similar to Etsy. The full name is Slovak Handmade Design.

      Delete
  4. those are my earings at the very top of the post ...i love them...
    it is mothersday here in England and i am flaunting my lobes off. thank you linda they are gorgeous T .x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to be a party pooper, Teejay, but those are MY earrings in the photo. I made us each a pair just like that. I did take a photo of yours but the light was poor at the time and I was in a rush to send your package to you.

      Happy Mother's Day!

      Delete
  5. oh.. thanks for being so honest ....... i s'pose
    are you SURE...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can pretend that they are your earrings if it makes you feel better.

      Delete
  6. These are what caught my eye when you did your sneak peek the other day ~ looking forward to that pattern! Thanks so much for sharing your talent♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much. These beauties are so pretty and easy to wear

    ReplyDelete
  8. Made two pairs of these fabulous designs last night!! What fun! I did have problems going through the 15s so many times, so I worked it going back and forth through the 11s instead. Worked just fine!

    Thanks again! No place to post my pics that I can see....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually take shortcuts too when I'm adding the last couple of rows.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Jeanne, the pattern is available to download in THIS post.

      Delete