My Christmas beading is finally done so now I've got some time to play with my beads in between the other things I have to do between now and Christmas. While browsing some Pinterest boards a few days ago, I came upon THIS beautiful beadwork sample:
|From La Bijoutisse - Le blog de Coco|
The blog is in French but I get the impression that this was just a sample that she was still working on for a beading workshop. While I love the center motif, it's a bit too large for a bracelet. But, I really like the pretty little "chain". I think it might be handy for connecting small bracelet motifs or something. I've figured out how to make it and also came up with a variation that became today's Bracelet of the Day. Adding a couple of extra beads to each link in the chain, to make them slightly longer, gave the links a sort of Art Deco look, hence the name of today's bracelet.
Bear in mind that there is no pattern available for this bracelet or the chain. To protect Coco's copyright, I can't post the instructions that I wrote down for my own use. It's not hard to figure out though. For my bracelet, I made two separate lengths of "chain" and connected them in the center with a couple of extra seed beads. To attach my clasp, I used 8/0 seed beads in place of the two 11/0 seed beads on the end of the first link in each section of chain. I inserted jump rings through the 8/0 beads for my magnet clasp.
Below are all the various samples that I made while figuring out the stitch. Rather than list each different color separately, I'll just give you a list of all of the colors that I used. You should be able to tell by the color names which beads they are in the photo.
- 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
- 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Antique Silver-Nickel" (464A)
- 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Pewter" (D4222)
- 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Caramel Ceylon" (593)
- 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Matte Silver Lined Pale Rose" (0023F)
- 11/0 seed beads Toho "Inside-Color Montana Blue/Oxblood Lined" (TR-11-363/c")
- 11/0 seed beads Toho "Silver Lined Milky Montana Blue" (2102)
- 11/0 seed beads Toho "Opaque Lavender AB" (412)
- 11/0 seed beads Toho "Gold-Lustered Pale Wisteria" (TR-11-455/c)