Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Bracelet of the Day: Waves of Wonder - Garnet

WAVES OF WONDER
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Bronze" (TR-11-221/c)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Cream Opaque" (11-493)
  • 6mm fire polish beads "Garnet"
Here is Waves of Wonder in another color combination. I made this bracelet so long ago that I don't remember what the fire polish beads were called and I didn't write it down anywhere. I found some that look the same on the Beadaholique site HERE. I do remember that they were some of the very first fire polished beads I ever bought back when I first started beading. I got them on my first visit to Spring Beads in Old Town Spring. I remember that I also bought these two colors that day:

4mm "Iris Blue Milky Dark Peridot":



4mm "Matte Brown Iris":



Being so new to beading I was awed that there could be such beautiful beads. I used the aqua ones to make a bracelet for myself and these earrings for a friend:


I'll post the bracelet as a Bracelet of the Day sometime.

I bought these earrings quite a few years ago and the funny thing is, until I took the photo of them yesterday, I never noticed that they had put them on silver earring wires. I've now switched them to some bronze wires.


 

8 comments:

  1. lucky friend who got the earrings- they are great! is there a quick and dirty pattern for them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted about those earrings here: http://craftyinspirationbylinda.blogspot.com/2014/03/looking-for-elusive-earring-pattern.html. I haven't been able to track down a pattern online anywhere so I figured out how to make them on my own. Since they're not my original creation, I can't post my tutorial here.

      Delete
  2. I can't figure the bracelet pattern out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've NEVER been able to get a pattern from this website....so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What happens when you try? I can't recall if I've ever ordered from there or not. I bought my Nancy Peterson patterns through Lulu and a friend bought the Waves of Wonder pattern for me. The site apparently worked for her.

      Delete
  4. Pattern is no where to be found on that link above.... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked and the pattern is still listed on that page. The patterns are listed alphabetically. Look for: Potawatomi Weave Waves of Wonder - #107.

      Delete