CRYSTAL ELEGANCE BRACELET
- 11/0 seed beads Miyuki “Dark Bronze” (11-457D)
- 15/0 seed beads Miyuki “Dark Bronze” (15-457D)
- 3x5mm hematite tube beads “Golden”
- 4mm bicones “Rose Topaz AB” (from Beadoholique)
- 4mm bicones “Golden Shadow - #C25AB” (from Beads One)
Other than the matching earring pattern that Joanie sells for the bracelet that I made, I haven't seen any other patterns calling for hematite tubes but I'm keeping a lookout for some. Otherwise, I'll just make this bracelet pattern with them. By the way, it takes most of a strand of tube beads to make one of these bracelets. Because I wear such a small size bracelet (6-inch), I had quite a few left over from the strand but a 7 1/2-inch bracelet would use nearly a whole strand.
It's an interesting pattern to weave because you first make a base out of the hematite tubes and then cover the base with the bicones and seed beads. You don't really see the tube beads while wearing the bracelet but they do make it very thick. I think they might have been more visible had I used the gray colored tubes in this bracelet. I would probably use that color if I was going to use silver or black seed beads.
Earrings of the Day: Layered Tila Earrings
LAYERED TILA EARRINGS
- 3mm fire polished beads “Transparent Gold Topaz Luster”
- 4mm fire polished beads “Lumi Coated Taupe”
- 15/0 Miyuki Dark Bronze seed beads (15-457D)
- 11/0 Miyuki Dark Bronze seed beads (11-457D)
- Tila beads “Light Caramel Pearl” (#593)
- 2 earring wires